Physical Therapy Services
Our office offers many therapy services that enhance all the traditional treatments
Excellent, thorough explanation of everything. Very friendly and approachable." "Just waiting for blood test results. Dr. Schoene took so much time with us at our first visit. She was very thorough. Never felt like she was rushing us out!"
- N. D.
Physical Therapy & Therapeutic Exercise
Our office offers therapeutic exercise for a variety of our patients. We see patients ranging from 8 to 80 years of age. We treat patients that are regular exercisers all the way to elite and professional athletes.
Examples of therapeutic exercise can include:
- Balance Training.
- Strength Training.
- Aerobic Conditioning.
- Range of motion exercises (which can be passive, or active).
We believe strongly that progressive resistive exercise is the key to building strength and improving function in order to improve performance or just to simply rehab from an injury or recover from surgery.
Exercise prescriptions can help you benefit the cardiovascular and respiratory system. It can also help with reducing pain by increasing strength and range of motion to that body part. General exercise whether it be casual or with a therapist, can even improve cognitive function that can ultimately help with our aging patients.
In addition, we know that regular physical exercise reduces the risk of mortality, helps with coronary heart disease, hypertension and diabetes. Any regular occurring physical activity will improve and maintain optimal function of our muscles, bones and joints.
When we add manual therapy techniques to our treatment protocol, it will assist in mobilizing and manipulating the soft tissues to help modulate pain and reduce soft tissue swelling and inflammation.
The types of patients that we can help and improve function on:
- Athletic patients: recreational elite, and professional. Athletes understand the importance of therapeutic exercises. I aid in recovery, we can teach new techniques and manage injuries by improving alignment, biomechanical faults and help improve strength and flexibility.
- Post operative patients: After surgery we do have manual techniques that will improve range of motion help with joint function, restore balance and strength to the lower extremity and foot and ankle which is very important after surgery for a quick recovery.
- Pediatric patients: many of our young patients play sports at a very high-level, and it is important to have age-appropriate exercises to help recovery from injury and to improve strength balance and coordination if faults are discovered during our office visit evaluation.
- Seniors and Diabetic patients: Therapeutic exercise is very important in this patient population, exercise can improve balance and enhance physical function and independent living for our older patients. It can aid with balance, strength and flexibility, which can reduce falls which have a high mortality rate It will also enhance feelings of well-being and improve cognitive function.
''Office staff & Dr. Bever were lovely. Appreciated the time that Dr. Bever took to walk with me through all treatment options''.
Needling, ASTYM techniques.
Normal tendon, capsule or ligament tissues are typically organized with dense, regular elongated/linear fibers running in the same direction, some of these tissues may run in different directions from attachment insertion, but the fibers will still have an organized linear architecture. When tissue is damaged and has interrupted healing due to incomplete treatments or excessive usage like (exercising too much on the non-healed injury), it will often heal in a fibrotic, haphazard and may appear radio-dense under diagnostic ultrasound. The tissue may show thickening, irregular organization or less precise margins as compared to non-injured tissues, which results in a restricted range of motion and, very often, pain and functional limitations at joints or with tendon motion.
Scar tissue limits range of motion also due its negative impact on sensory motor firing rates and frequencies. Abnormal sensory inputs perpetuate a dysfunctional cycle of nervous system sensitization creating trigger points, pain and dysfunctional movement and motor output. ASTYM offers a positive method of manual therapy that interrupts and breaks this cycle of pain and dysfunctional movement. Let us work on your injuries and musculoskeletal conditions to get you back on track!
Cleared by the FDA in 2003, Class IV Laser laser therapy has become standard of care for many musculoskeletal injuries. Our office has incorporated laser therapy into our practice due to the growing body of literature supporting the efficacy of laser therapy as a modality to reduce inflammation and accelerate recovery. Laser therapy technology has been endorsed by professional Therapy organizations and professional sports teams all over the country.
Injuries & Conditions That Can be Treated with Laser Therapy
''Dr.Schoene & the entire staff @ this office have been so sincere and supportive, kind, helpful, caring. I'm so glad I found them!'